The Legislative Monitoring Committee focuses on the following measures:
- Administration of justice
- Court organization, selection, tenure, salary and other incidents of the judicial office
- Rules and laws affecting practice and procedure in the courts and in administrative bodies exercising adjudicatory functions
- The practice of law
OBA Bylaws Art. VIII Sec 3
Legislative Proposals and Endorsements in Principle:
- The House of Delegates has the authority to place a measure on the Legislative Program or to endorse it in principle, with at least a 60% vote.
OBA Bylaws Art. VIII Sec 5
Action by the Association upon proposals for improvement of the law by legislation or by judicial rule shall consist of:
- Adoption as part of the Legislative Program of the Association;
- Endorsement in principle.
OBA Bylaws Art. VIII Sec 2
Lawyer Legislators - 57th Legislature
A total of 149 elected representatives and senators serve in the Oklahoma Legislature. The OBA is proud of its 15 lawyer members who represent 10 percent of the House and Senate in Oklahoma.
Are you a legislator with a question about how a proposed bill could affect - or potentially conflict with - Oklahoma law? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.