The Legislative Monitoring Committee focuses on the following measures:
- Administration of justice
- Court organization, selection, tenure, salary and other incidents of the judicial office
- Rules and laws affecting practice and procedure in the courts and in administrative bodies exercising adjudicatory functions
- The practice of law
OBA Bylaws Art. VIII Sec 3
Legislative Proposals and Endorsements in Principle:
- The House of Delegates has the authority to place a measure on the Legislative Program or to endorse it in principle, with at least a 60% vote.
OBA Bylaws Art. VIII Sec 5
Action by the Association upon proposals for improvement of the law by legislation or by judicial rule shall consist of:
- Adoption as part of the Legislative Program of the Association;
- Endorsement in principle.
OBA Bylaws Art. VIII Sec 2
OBA Day at the Capitol
Tuesday, March 10 | Oklahoma Bar Center & Oklahoma State Capitol
RSVP by emailing Debbie Brink or call 405-416-7014; 800-522-8065.
Oklahoma lawyers, let your voices be heard! The OBA will host its annual Day at the Capitol Tuesday, March 10. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. at the Oklahoma Bar Center, 1901 N. Lincoln Blvd., and the agenda will feature speakers commenting on legislation affecting various practice areas. There will also be remarks from the judiciary and bar leaders, and lunch will be provided before heading to the Capitol for the afternoon.
Oklahoma Bar Center, Emerson Hall, 1901 N. Lincoln Blvd.
OBA President Susan B. Shields
|10:05 a.m.||This Session from the perspective of the Attorney General
Attorney General Mike Hunter
|10:30 a.m.||Bills of Interest to the Judiciary
Cleveland County District Judge Thad Balkman
Oklahoma County District Judge Richard Ogden
|11:00 a.m.||Funding of the Judiciary
Jari Askins, Administrator of the Courts
|11:30 a.m.||Session insights from a Journalist
Shawn Ashley, eCapitol
|11:55 a.m.||Information and Questions|
|12:15 p.m.||How to Talk to Legislators
Randy Grau, Former Representative District 81
|1 – 3 p.m.||Visit with Legislators
State Capitol Building