The Legislative Monitoring Committee focuses on the following measures:
- Administration of justice
- Court organization, selection, tenure, salary and other incidents of the judicial office
- Rules and laws affecting practice and procedure in the courts and in administrative bodies exercising adjudicatory functions
- The practice of law
OBA Bylaws Art. VIII Sec 3
Legislative Proposals and Endorsements in Principle:
- The House of Delegates has the authority to place a measure on the Legislative Program or to endorse it in principle, with at least a 60% vote.
OBA Bylaws Art. VIII Sec 5
Action by the Association upon proposals for improvement of the law by legislation or by judicial rule shall consist of:
- Adoption as part of the Legislative Program of the Association;
- Endorsement in principle.
OBA Bylaws Art. VIII Sec 2
OBA Day at the Capitol
Tuesday, March 21, 2023
This program has been approved for 3 hours of general MCLE credit.
RSVP to Mark Schneidewent by March 17.
*Agenda is subject to change.
|9:30 a.m.||Registration||Oklahoma Bar Center
1901 N. Lincoln Blvd.; OKC
|10:00 a.m.||Welcome||OBA President Brian Hermanson and/or President-Elect Miles Pringle|
|10:05 a.m.||Discussion of the Governor’s Agenda and Supporting Bills||Trevor S. Pemberton,
General Counsel, Office of Governor J. Kevin Stitt
|10:30 a.m.||Court Funding||Jari Askins, Administrative Director of the Courts at Oklahoma Judicial Center|
|11:00 a.m..||Bills of Interest to the Judiciary||Cleveland County District Judge Thad Balkman|
|11:30 a.m.||Judicial Nominating Commission Update||Jim Webb|
|11:55 a.m.||Information and Questions||OBA President-Elect Miles Pringle|
|12:15 p.m.||How to Talk to Legislators||Emily Virgin, Former Minority Leader for the Oklahoma House of Representatives|
|1 – 3 p.m.||Visit with Legislators||State Capitol Building
2300 N. Lincoln, OKC