2024 Law Day Contest
The annual OBA Law Day Art and Writing Contest is designed to stimulate discussion and understanding of the law among young Oklahomans. Categories include art and writing for grades pre-K through 12th, with cash prizes up to $500 and plaques for winners, plus participation certificates to honor every student's hard work. The 2024 theme was “Voices of Democracy.” If you have any questions, please contact the contest coordinator, Lauren Rimmer, at email@example.com or 405-416-7018.
- One Grand Prize of $500 will be awarded to the best overall individual entry chosen from all grade levels. If the grand prize is awarded to a group entry, the grand prize will be split equally among the group members.
- Judging for both the art and writing contest is based on originality and interpretation of the theme.
- Entries must be delivered or postmarked by Friday, Jan. 19, 2024.
- The contest is only open to students who live in Oklahoma.
- Please include the entry form (PDF) with the entry.
- Entries will not be returned unless requested when submitted.
- Entries are limited to one per student in each contest.
- Each student will receive a participant certificate. Teachers who submit multiple student entries will be sent blank certificates ready for personalization for each student who enters.
- Winners are typically announced in March. Please check this site for updates.
- Winning entries, student names and schools will be posted to the OBA website.
- First- and second-place winners in each category will receive a framed award certificate in addition to prize money, honorable mention recipients will receive an award certificate. Presentations of first and second place and honorable mention awards will vary by county but will typically be presented by their local county bar association either at the school or in a separate ceremony.
- Judges reserve the right to not award a prize for every grade level.
- Entries containing or portraying profanity or nudity will not be considered for placement in the contest, and each entry’s online publication is subject to approval.