APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED: Oklahoma Bar Association Seeking Director of Educational Programs
March 23, 2020
UPDATE: The application deadline has been extended to May 1. With the interruptions caused by COVID-19, the search committee has rescheduled meeting dates for review of applicant materials. As a result, the search committee is allowing any previous applicants to supplement their applications and allowing new applicants to apply on or by May 1.
The Oklahoma Bar Association, the leading provider of continuing legal education in the state of Oklahoma, seeks a director of educational programs. The position manages and directs the OBA’s CLE Department and other educational events for the association. The OBA CLE Department offers comprehensive and unique live programming for Oklahoma lawyers and has an impressive list of online programs that are available to lawyers nationwide. The OBA is a mandatory bar association of 18,000 members with its headquarters in Oklahoma City.
Job Summary: The position is responsible for CLE development, advertising, planning and coordinating numerous continuing legal education programs annually, as well as planning and participating in organizational meetings, adult public education programs, and the OBA Leadership Academy. CLE programs include live presentations and online learning opportunities. The director of educational programs is responsible for managing a staff of four employees, all pre- and post-program logistics, communication to program attendees and faculty members, administrative reporting, vendor and sponsorship coordination and providing on-site support to assigned programs. Salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefit package available to qualified candidates.
- Five years of legal practice, CLE management and/or marketing experience
- Law degree required; preference given to those licensed to practice in Oklahoma
- Must be self-motivated, positive, dependable and creative
- Possess a high degree of integrity and work well with others to achieve common goals
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Knowledge of budgeting processes and ability to effectively oversee budgets
- Must be able to meet member needs in a fast-paced work environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies
- Ability to build relationships with faculty, participants and outside vendors
- Problem solver, quick thinker and idea generator
- Must be able to work within limits of an inside office position plus haul and transport equipment or materials required to conduct a CLE seminar
- Must be able to function in a Windows desktop environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook and Excel
- Internet resource, research and marketing expertise
- Experience with online CLE presentations
Send cover letter and resume by May 1, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All inquiries and applications will be kept confidential. The OBA is an equal opportunity employer.