- To help students increase basic life and leadership skills such as listening, speaking, writing, reading, analyzing, and making presentations.
- To heighten appreciation for academic studies and to promote positive scholastic achievements.
- To increase comprehension of the historical, ethical and philosophical basis of our judicial system.
- To demystify the operation of the law, court procedures and the legal system.
- To build bridges of mutual cooperation, respect and support between the community (teachers, students, parents and schools) and the legal profession.
- To offer a positive experience with the legal system, bringing the courts to young people rather than young people to court.
The goal is not to win for the sake of winning, but to learn and understand the meaning of good citizenship in our democracy. In this sense, all students who participate will be winners!
FOR REGISTRATION INFORMATION CONTACT
OBA-YLD-Mock Trial Coordinator
3812 Spyglass Road
Oklahoma City, OK 73120