Position Available: OBA Ethics Counsel
OBA ETHICS COUNSEL
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Ethics Counsel for the Oklahoma Bar Association. Responsibilities of the Ethics Counsel shall include:
- Answering ethics questions from OBA members, memorializing advice given and reporting as directed
- Working with the Legal Ethics Advisory Panel to produce practical written advice or opinions
- Monitoring attendance and compliance of diversion program attendees
- Creating, supervising and administering classes to include: (a) Trust account classes and (b) Ethics classes
- Coordinating with Management Assistance Program and Lawyers Helping Lawyers Assistance Program regarding participants referred to those programs
- Teaching ethics, Continuing Legal Education classes and
- Researching and writing ethics material for the Oklahoma Bar Association Web site and the Oklahoma Bar Journal.
The Ethics Counsel shall be a member in good standing of the Oklahoma Bar Association or eligible for such membership and shall have been licensed for at least five (5) years prior to retention. Applicants should have excellent research and writing skills. Private practice experience is strongly preferred. Salary negotiable, depending upon experience. Excellent benefits include retirement, health and life insurance.
Resumes, together with a cover letter and references, should be submitted by Friday, February 6, 2015, to email@example.com.
An equal opportunity employer