OBA Awards: Committee Issues Call for Nominations
Once a year, attorneys are recognized and praised for the work they do the other 364 days of the year. That day comes during the annual meeting when the OBA Awards are given out to the state’s most outstanding attorneys and legal organizations. If you know an attorney who deserves recognition for their professionalism, selflessness or overall excellence, please nominate them. Awards will be presented during this year’s OBA Annual Meeting to be held in Oklahoma City Nov. 4-6, 2015.
It only takes a moment to nominate someone, and it could mean the world to a bar colleague or organization that is making Oklahoma a better place. View the historical list of those who have been honored with OBA Awards.
JUST A FEW RULES
- The deadline in August 14, but get your nomination in EARLY!
- The entire nomination cannot exceed five single-sided, 81/2” x 11” pages. (This includes exhibits.) See nominating tips from the Awards Committee Chairperson.
- Nominations don’t have to be long; they can be as short as a one-page letter to the OBA Awards Committee. A nomination form is not required, but is available in MS Word or interactive PDF.
- Make sure the name of the person being nominated and the person (or organization) making the nomination is on the nomination.
- If you think someone qualifies for awards in several categories,pick one award and only do one nomination. The OBA Awards Committee may consider the nominee for an award in a category other than one in which you nominate that person.
- You can mail, fax or email your nomination (pick one). Emails should be sent to email@example.com. Fax to 405-416-7089.
Mail to: OBA Awards Committee, P.O. Box 53036, Oklahoma City, OK 73152
Individuals for Whom Awards are Named
Outstanding County Bar Association Award - for meritorious efforts and activities
Hicks Epton Law Day Award -for individuals or organizations for noteworthy Law Day activities
Golden Gavel Award - for OBA Committees and Sections performing with a high degree of excellence
Liberty Bell Award - for non-lawyers or lay organizations for promoting or publicizing matters regarding the legal system
Outstanding Young Lawyer Award- for a member of the OBA Young Lawyers Division for service to the profession
Earl Sneed Award - for outstanding continuing legal education contributions
Award of Judicial Excellence- for excellence of character, job performance or achievement while a judge and service to the bench, bar and community
Fern Holland Courageous Lawyer Award - to an OBA member who has courageously performed in a manner befitting the highest ideals of our profession
Outstanding Service to the Public Award - for significant community service by an OBA member or bar-related entity
Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Service - by an OBA member or bar-related entity
Joe Stamper Distinguished Service Award - to an OBA member for long-term service to the bar association or contributions to the legal profession
Neil E. Bogan Professionalism Award- to an OBA member practicing 10 years or more who for conduct, honesty,integrity and courtesy best represents the highest standards of the legal profession
John E. Shipp Award for Ethics- to an OBA member who has truly exemplified the ethics of the legal profession either by 1) acting in accordance with the highest ethical standards in the face of pressure to do otherwise or 2) by serving as a role model for ethics to the other members of the profession
Alma Wilson Award - for an OBA member who has made a significant contribution to improving the lives of Oklahoma children
Trailblazer Award - to an OBA member or members who by their significant, unique visionary efforts have had a profound impact upon our profession and /or community and in doing so have blazed a trail for others to follow