7 Ways to Earn CLE Credit
MEMBERS ARE PERMITED TO EARN ONLY 6 CREDITS PER YEAR FROM THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF OBA MCLE APPROVED PROGRAMS.
- Online video programs offered on-demand
- Online video programs are prerecorded seminars or segments of prerecorded seminars. This type of programming along with downloadable audio programming is limited to a total of six credits per year.
- Online downloadable audio programs
- Online audio programs include archived audio programs that may be downloaded to any personal digital player. This type of program does not have to be listened to immediately and is usually available to the registrant for several weeks. The program must include downloadable materials. Registrants are required to provide an audio code available in the program in order to verify completion. Members who are listening to this type of program on December 31, must make sure that they log in and provide this code before midnight (Central time) on December 31.
MEMBERS ARE PERMITTED TO EARN AN UNLIMITED NUMBER OF CREDITS PER YEAR FROM THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF OBA MCLE APPROVED PROGRAMS:
- Live (in person) programs
- Live, in person programs are the traditional method of obtaining CLE. Members have the benefit of continuing legal education coupled with the networking and fellowship opportunities not available through other CLE delivery methods.
- Webcast seminars and Webcast Encores
- Webcasts are programs that are broadcast live (“real time”) over the internet. A webcast includes a live video stream of the presenter, downloadable materials and PowerPoint slides, if used by the presenter. There is no annual limit on MCLE approved webcasts or an approved webcast encore.
- Webinars are programs broadcast live (“real time”). Audio is delivered over the telephone. Materials and PowerPoint presentations are delivered via the internet. Webinars have a live desktop component that make this form of delivery especially appropriate for technology training. There is no annual limit on an MCLE approved webinar.
- Telephone seminars
- Telephone seminars are programs broadcast live (“real time”). Audio is delivered over the telephone. Materials and PowerPoint presentations are delivered via the internet before the seminar begins. There is no annual limit on a telephone seminars.
- Video seminars
- Videos of seminars that were approved by the MCLE department can be replayed for MCLE credit if viewed at the Oklahoma Bar Center or if viewed at the same time and same place with five or more licensed attorneys. There is no annual limit on videos viewed in this manner. Please contact the MCLE department for information on how to report attendance for this type of programming.