This workshop was developed for lawyers who serve as a Guardian ad Litem in divorce and custody cases. GALs wear several hats when investigating and reporting what is in the best interest of the child, their client. When making recommendations, GALs play the role of attorney, advocate, and sometimes, child psychologist.
Upon completion of this workshop, the participant will be able to:
- Define Art and Play Therapy
- Identify three art and play techniques helpful to the first attorney/client meeting
- Match art and play tasks to the appropriate child development stage
- Offer a constructive oral observation or analysis of each group’s art task
- Identify practitioners/experts and create a list for collaborative relationships